Plantronics Voyager 520 Review
Before the Plantronics Voyager 520 came along it’s predecessor the Plantronics Voyager 510 was one of the most popular Bluetooth headsets available on the market, and for good reason. The Voyager 510 was comfortable, easy to use, had great audio quality and was reasonably priced. A year later and Plantronics decided it was time for a much-needed update. Enter the Voyager 520, a Bluetooth headset that leaves its predecessor in the dust. It looks drastically different from the 510 (being of in-ear headset design rather than over-the-ear) but it is still a quality device that fits well and has even better performance. The Plantronics Voyager 520 is also affordable and is available at many online stores for less than $50.
The Voyager 520 has a simple tear-drop Bluetooth headset design. It is fairly long and narrow, measuring about 2.5 x 0.7 x 0.5 inches and weighing close to 0.63 ounce. Some people have commented that it looks a little conspicuous when you’re wearing it, and the black-and-silver color scheme is perhaps not the most interesting.
Despite the questions over design it’s the fit and comfort that count and the Plantronics Voyager 520 shines in this resect. Behind the headset is a simple in-ear earpiece that sits comfortably just inside the ear canal without any discomfort. The Voyager 520 also has an ear hook that’s made out of a very flexible silicone material, and it can rotate to fit either ear. The headset is comfortable enough to wear for several hours without any discomfort.
Plantronics Voyager 520 Specifications
- Product Type: Headset – Bluetooth 2.0
- Weight: 0.6 oz
- Recommended Use: Cellular phone
- Additional Features: Volume control, Answer/end button, Noise canceling circuit, Voice activated
- Headphones Type: Headphone – Monaural
- Headphones Form Factor: Over-the-ear
- Headphones Technology: Dynamic
- Connectivity Technology: Wireless – Bluetooth 2.0
- Bluetooth Profiles: Hands Free Profile (HFP), Headset Profile (HSP)
- Sound Output Mode: Mono
- Type: Built-in
- Microphone Operation: Mode Mono
- Transmission Range: 33 ft
- Power Device: Power adapter – External
- Voltage Required: AC 120/230 V
- Battery: Headset battery – Rechargeable – Lithium polymer
- Run Time: (Up To) 8 hour(s)
- Standby Time: 180 hour(s)
We hope this information about the Plantronics Voyager 520 has been of interest to you, and please feel free to contact us with any questions.